My cousin and I created a website called Loginwill. Loginwill was a social networking website where people can designate beneficiaries to receive all of their online login information in the event that they pass away.
Read more about loginwill in the Eastern Echo.
Here is a list of what I learned since winning the Intel Innovator Award.
- When you think you know everything, you know nothing.
- Stay humble.
- The only way to beat the competition is to exceed 100%.
- Take advice.
- Having a growth plan is just as important as building the application.
- Work on ideas you are passionate about.
- Know your edge.
- When you come into a lump sum of money, you must invest or start a business, not buy luxury items.
- Sit down and come up with a plan of action.
- Opportunity cost. I didn’t know that I couldn’t party and hang with friends while simultaneously build a start-up. Choosing one hurts the other. It took me years to realize that.
- If you don’t know, say you don’t know. Don’t pretend to know.
Loginwill was acquired shortly after.